Dr. Michael Nugent sets a high standard in family and implant dentistry in the greater Pasadena, Texas area. He uses the latest technology in the dental industry to produce award winning results. Dental implants are ideal for patients who are suffering from missing teeth or old dentures.
Dental Implants: The Best Way To Replace Teeth
Patients suffering from missing teeth or old dentures that don’t fit right anymore, it is time for you to upgrade to advanced dental implants. Dental implants look like your natural teeth and are firmly anchored to the jaw bone. Dental implants improve your chewing function and prevent bone loss. This preservation of jawbone eliminates the aged, wrinkled, and tired look from your face.
The advantages of dental implants include:
- Most similar to natural teeth in look and feel
- Increased chewing ability
- Does not come out at night, the implant teeth stay in your mouth
- Does not damage adjacent teeth like other tooth replacement options
- Can be placed without altering or grinding down nearby teeth
- Will never get decay and will never need a root canal
- Will prevent sunken facial appearance caused by tooth loss
- Can be used to stabilize implant dentures
- Only tooth replacement option that replaces the entire missing tooth
Dental Implant Parts:
Implant – this is the titanium cylinder that is placed into the jaw bone. Over time the jaw bone fuses to the implant creating a strong base.
Abutment – screws into implant and will serve as the foundation for the crown
Crown – the porcelain restoration that mimics a natural tooth
Dental Implants are the superior way to replace missing teeth.
Get the best in dental implant care for you and your family. Call our office today and see how dental implant will change your life. Dr. Nugent used CBCT 3D x-rays to digitally plan your case. That way there is not surprises on the day of surgery. Then, Dr. Nugent uses a dental implant surgical guide to place the dental implant exactly where he designed it on the computer.