Pasadena Texas Dental Implants:
Have you lost a tooth, or perhaps several? Is chewing is difficult? Are you embarrassed to smile? There is no doubt that the quality of your life has decreased. Dental implants are the best solution to renewing your smile, your chewing ability and quite frankly your quality of life.
Reasons for Dental Implants
- Longest lasting tooth replacement option
- Without the root structure of a natural tooth the jawbone will shrink making your face look older.
- Will never get decay or need a root canal
- Anchored in the bone, an implant is stable and comfortable.
- Dental Implants look, function and feel like natural teeth.
- Dental implants help you eat, chew, smile, talk and look completely natural. This functionality imparts social, psychological and physical well-being.
- Do not damage adjacent teeth like bridges or partial denture
When a tooth is lost, the best permanent replacement is a dental implant in conjunction with a porcelain crown.
What is a Dental Implant?
- A dental implant is a small titanium cylinder that is placed into the jaw bone. It serves as the replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth.
- Titanium’s unique property of fusing to bone allows the dental implant to stabilize the bone. Thus, the implant prevents bone loss and maintains the jaw bone’s shape and density
- Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, the dental implant fuses with the bone in a processes called Osseointegration. The implant becomes a stable platform for the replacement tooth.
- The implant serves as an anchor for the replacement tooth or teeth (single crowns, bridges or dentures)
- Dental implants are surgically placed into the jaw. They can be placed in either the upper or lower jaw.
- Dental implants can be used in solutions for replacing single or multiple missing teeth.
Many people who consider implants have removable old-fashioned dentures for lower and upper jaws, or have removable bridges. These patients experience a substantial improvement in their ability to chew food comfortably after Dr. Nugent completes their dental implants.
Is Old Age a limiting factor?
Occasionally, older patients express concern that their age may prevent them from enjoying the benefits of dental implants. However, overall health is more of a determining factor than age. As a general rule, if you are healthy enough to have a tooth extracted, you are probably healthy enough to receive a dental implant. Dr. Nugent will determine if you are a candidate for dental implants after a careful evaluation of your dental, health history and 3-D x-ray.
How Will Dental Implants Affect My Life?
Dental implants look, function and feel like natural teeth. This means that you can eat and drink whatever you choose. Dental implants improve quality of life in a very tangible way. People who have felt embarrassed and apprehensive because of their tooth problems are often overcomed by what new permanent teeth can do for their self-confidence.
Contact Dr. Michael Nugent today to schedule an appointment with our office if you are considering dental implants.