Dental Implants are the most advanced method of replacing missing teeth.
Dr. Michael Nugent’s dental office is in Pasadena, Texas. He focuses on Cosmetic, General, Implant and Sedation Dentistry. Because of Dr. Nugent’s high quality, honest, and compassionate care, he has become a favorite of patients in the surrounding area and of referring doctors. Patients travel from Clear Lake, Deer Park, La Porte, Friendswood, League City, Pear Land, Webster and Houston for Dr. Nugent’s down to earth personality and his excellence in dental care.
Missing teeth can cause embarrassment and lowered self-confidence. Also, missing teeth can prevent you from eating the foods you love. When teeth are missing, adjacent teeth tilt and shift causing jaw alignment problems. Bone and facial contours are lost when we lose teeth. Dental implants can be utilized to overcome the effects of tooth loss.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are composed of three parts that work together to mimic a natural tooth. The implant is a titanium cylinder that is placed into the jaw bone. The implant and bone fuse, anchoring the implant securely into the bone. Next, the abutment is screwed into the implant and protrudes out of the gum tissue. The abutment is the base upon which the crown rests. A dental crown is laboratory made and replicates the look and feel of a natural tooth.
The Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Dental implants do not require grinding or drilling of neighbor teeth.
- Dental implants are permanent and are not taken out at night. You floss between the implant crown and your natural teeth. No sticky adhesives are necessary with dental implants.
- Dental implants preserve bone. With other teeth replacement methods, bone is lost and facial contours are altered.
- Dental implants are the longest lasting tooth replacement option.
- Dental implants will never need a root canal and will never need decay
- Dental implants are the most cosmetic long term tooth replacement treatment
Dr. Nugent has done dental implants on his Father, Father-in-law and Mother-in-law because dental implants are the most advanced way to restore missing teeth. Nothing in dentistry is going to last as long as a dental implant. Dr. Nugent recommends dental implants to his patients because that is what he has done and will do for his family members. Dental implants are the best way to restore missing teeth.
For more information about how dental implants can restore your self confidence and smile, call today for an implant consultation. For further reading on dental implants visit Texas Dental Implants.